Friday, November 30, 2007

Coming Up For Air

I think I blinked and a whole week passed me by. I have been locked in ACT land helping Joseph to get ready next Saturday for the big test. He is very worried about taking it and I keep telling him that he is the smart one and the test is stupid. When will society ever learn that we all can't be conveniently lumped up into one standardized way of thinking. I see so much potential and brilliance in Joseph, however sometimes it just won't come out on paper. All he wants to do is go to college, the same college his brother attends and begin to start an independent life, he had the grades 3.0 but a stupid standardized test might blow it for him. I have done all I can for him at this point, requested extended testing time, practised testing and now I pray. Ready Go! Enjoy the day...